MARY ANN TODD is a corporate partner at Munger, Tolles & Olson.
Ms. Todd’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances. She represents publicly traded and privately held companies and private equity funds. Ms. Todd’s practice also includes counseling clients with respect to corporate governance and securities law compliance. She has represented committees of boards of directors with respect to business transactions and corporate investigations. In 2011, Law360 named Ms. Todd an MVP in Mergers and Acquisitions and one of the Top Female Dealmakers, and the Los Angeles Business Journal listed Ms. Todd among the “Who’s Who in L.A. Law.” Also, the Daily Journal named Ms. Todd among the “Top Women Lawyers” in California and The American Lawyer selected her as a “Dealmaker of the Week.”
Recent transactions include representing:
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. in its $9.7 billion acquisition of The Lubrizol Corporation and its $44 billion acquisition of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation; and in connection with the acquisition of Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company by Mars, Incorporated, pursuant to which Berkshire provided debt financing and made an equity investment in Wrigley.
- 99 Cents Only Stores in its going private transaction
- Universal Music Group in its acquisitions of BMG Music Publishing (U.S. Counsel) and Univision Music Group, and in various joint venture transactions.
- The founder of Citizens of Humanity in his sale of a majority interest to a private equity buyer and related transactions.
- Universal Music Group, in its formation of VEVO.
Ms. Todd sits on the board of directors of the California Bar Foundation and is a member of the California and Los Angeles County Bar Associations. She is also involved with several local nonprofit organizations, including serving as secretary of the board of governors of the Fulfillment Fund and as a member of the board of directors of the Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice.